- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
09 December 2011
After 6 long years of negotiations...and 10 years after application...in just 18 months...Croatia will become the 28th member of the EU.
It signed an agreement in Brussels ending its long quest to join the trading block.
The agreement will also provide hundreds of millions of euros in aid.
“It is a day of joy for Croatia, a day of joy for the EU as a whole,” said EU President Herman van Rompuy. “Croatian achievements show everyone in the region that with hard work, persistence and courage, membership in the EU is within the reach.”
“Croatia had to overcome war to join the European Union, and that is not only a Croatian triumph, but the triumph of European peacemaking,” said Croatian President Ivo Josipovic.
Croatia will officially join the EU on July 1, 2013,