- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
09 December 2011
After 6 long years of negotiations...and 10 years after application...in just 18 months...Croatia will become the 28th member of the EU.
It signed an agreement in Brussels ending its long quest to join the trading block.
The agreement will also provide hundreds of millions of euros in aid.
“It is a day of joy for Croatia, a day of joy for the EU as a whole,” said EU President Herman van Rompuy. “Croatian achievements show everyone in the region that with hard work, persistence and courage, membership in the EU is within the reach.”
“Croatia had to overcome war to join the European Union, and that is not only a Croatian triumph, but the triumph of European peacemaking,” said Croatian President Ivo Josipovic.
Croatia will officially join the EU on July 1, 2013,