- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
10 December 2011
A small flotilla of 6 Miami exiles' boats...off La Habana's famous Malecon...launched fireworks to bring attention to human rights violations.
But...because of poor weather and the 12-mile limit...it was witnessed by few island spectators.
However...on the popular seawall...a mob thronged around the foreign media...with a cameraman punched in the face, another's thumb was sprained...and a video camera was broken.
Cuban officials were irked by the flotilla's efforts.
"There's a whole program of provocative acts," said an Interior Ministry official. "This is not just about innocuous fireworks. It is subversive."
TO SEE: 1:14 Video report: