- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
10 December 2011
A small flotilla of 6 Miami exiles' boats...off La Habana's famous Malecon...launched fireworks to bring attention to human rights violations.
But...because of poor weather and the 12-mile limit...it was witnessed by few island spectators.
However...on the popular seawall...a mob thronged around the foreign media...with a cameraman punched in the face, another's thumb was sprained...and a video camera was broken.
Cuban officials were irked by the flotilla's efforts.
"There's a whole program of provocative acts," said an Interior Ministry official. "This is not just about innocuous fireworks. It is subversive."
TO SEE: 1:14 Video report: