- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
10 December 2011
A small flotilla of 6 Miami exiles' boats...off La Habana's famous Malecon...launched fireworks to bring attention to human rights violations.
But...because of poor weather and the 12-mile limit...it was witnessed by few island spectators.
However...on the popular seawall...a mob thronged around the foreign media...with a cameraman punched in the face, another's thumb was sprained...and a video camera was broken.
Cuban officials were irked by the flotilla's efforts.
"There's a whole program of provocative acts," said an Interior Ministry official. "This is not just about innocuous fireworks. It is subversive."
TO SEE: 1:14 Video report: