- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
25 December 2011
A news nugget lost in all the pre-Christmas madness.
In Q3...Colombia's GDP grew at 7.7%...its fastest pace since 2006...surprising all analysts.
A Bloomberg survey forecast was for...6% annual growth.
“Colombia’s growth momentum is much stronger than anywhere else in the region," reports a Goldman Sachs economist.
“Other business cycles like in Chile and Brazil were maturing early in the year and now are on the downward part of the cycle. You didn’t see a V-shaped recovery in Colombia, so they’re in great shape.”