- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
25 December 2011
A news nugget lost in all the pre-Christmas madness.
In Q3...Colombia's GDP grew at 7.7%...its fastest pace since 2006...surprising all analysts.
A Bloomberg survey forecast was for...6% annual growth.
“Colombia’s growth momentum is much stronger than anywhere else in the region," reports a Goldman Sachs economist.
“Other business cycles like in Chile and Brazil were maturing early in the year and now are on the downward part of the cycle. You didn’t see a V-shaped recovery in Colombia, so they’re in great shape.”