- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
13 December 2011
WSJ: "At the time of his death in 1993 at age 44,(Pablo) Escobar was the world's most notorious criminal. He blew up a civilian airliner, bombed the government's security ministry, assassinated at least one presidential candidate and waged a war on the state that killed thousands, including dozens of judges and hundreds of policemen.
But in the afterlife, Escobar has suddenly become something new: a tourist attraction (in Medellin)."
AND : "Two rival tour companies began offering Pablo Escobar tours last year, and an advertising campaign started in September has turned the tours into Medellín's hottest ticket, with hundreds being sold a month."