- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
12 November 2011
In his annual dinner for academics and journalists...PM Vladimir Putin defended his decision to stay in power until perhaps 2024...and uttered tough comments about the USA and the West... especially regarding Libya and Syria.
As for the future...he said:"Putin does not split in two. He is one person. There are basic things that are not subject to change, that will not change--a love for the Motherland, the push for results...to increase people's wealth and to improve internal and external security."
Putin also praised his close friend...outgoing Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi.
“I have a very warm personal relationship with Berlusconi. I believe that he is one of the greatest European politicians.”
Putin observed that Silvio used his sex life “consciously, in order to attract attention”.