28 November 2011

MUSIC FOR MONDAYS: Poland's Seweryn Krajewski Sings: 'Everyone Has Their 10 Minutes.'

                                       YOUTUBE: 5:49 / color slide montage

     This week...MFM departs from South America...and showcases music from Eastern Europe...specifically...Poland.
     Singer Seweryn Krajewski has a mellow male voice in this ballad..."Każdy swoje 10 minut ma"/"Everyone has their 10 minutes".
    I never heard of Krajewski...until surfing YOUTUBE for a Polish group called Decapitated I read about in the local weekly. But they turned out to be hard metal headbangers...and not my cup of cachaca!!!
   After sampling some of the tunes displayed on the same screen...but ONLY those with 6-digit views or better...and voila...a new discovery...Krajewski!
    His voice is delightful for those easy listening times...even in a language still alien to me...despite my mother's family roots in Krakow/Crakow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seweryn_Krajewski