- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
07 November 2011
Sekouba "Bambino" Diabate sings "Africando - Son Fo"...a Cuban influenced salsa...in the Malinke language.
Cuba's presence in Angola in the 1960's and 70's affected the musical tastes of West Africa.
Tom Schnabel...on PRI's 'The World' nightly radio news program...recently featured vintage music...from Cotonou, Benin...recorded back then...and never released in the United States...until now.
A new 2-CD set is part of a series called “Afro Latin Via Cotonou”.
This song is not from that set...but it will wet your salsa appetite.
Also a big welcome...to recent visitors to this news blog...from Africa...especially from Yola, Nigeria; Accra, Ghana; Walvis Bay, Namibia; Tanzania, Uganda, Algiers, Rabat and Pretoria.