- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
09 November 2011
Italian bond yields of all lengths continued their dangerous ascent...past the unsustainable 7% level...with 10-years breaking 7.5%...despite longtime PM Silvio Berlusconi's statement that he would resign..."in a few days"...after urgent budget reforms are passed.
Berlusconi said "I will resign as soon as the law is passed... I see elections being held at the beginning of February and I will not be a candidate in them."
The bond market apparently believes his resignation is not believable...or enough.
Many Italians are also skeptical.
One summed it up: "I don't know how long it will take for elections or what kind of new government we will have. We don't know how much time is going to pass and if the government will arrive too late."
BLOOMBERG quotes an economist: "The market is testing the commitment of the eurozone stewards. Italy is the real crisis battleground."