- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
09 November 2011
Italian bond yields of all lengths continued their dangerous ascent...past the unsustainable 7% level...with 10-years breaking 7.5%...despite longtime PM Silvio Berlusconi's statement that he would resign..."in a few days"...after urgent budget reforms are passed.
Berlusconi said "I will resign as soon as the law is passed... I see elections being held at the beginning of February and I will not be a candidate in them."
The bond market apparently believes his resignation is not believable...or enough.
Many Italians are also skeptical.
One summed it up: "I don't know how long it will take for elections or what kind of new government we will have. We don't know how much time is going to pass and if the government will arrive too late."
BLOOMBERG quotes an economist: "The market is testing the commitment of the eurozone stewards. Italy is the real crisis battleground."