- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
15 November 2011
Morgan Stanley predicts that western European lenders will cut balance sheets by as much as E2.5tn to meet capital requirements...and much of those funds will come from Eastern Europe... bringing a credit squeeze.
Italy’s UniCredit...the largest lender in eastern Europe...just reported a massive E10.6bn/ $14.3bn quarterly loss...and must now raise over E7bn.
Especially hard hit will be Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia and Romania.
Currencies there have already been hit.
Hungary's forint...down 8.8%...and Czech's koruna...down 5.9%...are the world’s two worst performers in the past month. Serbia's dinar is the third-weakest, off 4.8%...while the fourth...Poland’s zloty dropped 4.5%.
Hungary may soon face a debt downgrade to 'junk' status...as it has scaled back...for the 3rd time...short term bond sales.