- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
15 November 2011
Morgan Stanley predicts that western European lenders will cut balance sheets by as much as E2.5tn to meet capital requirements...and much of those funds will come from Eastern Europe... bringing a credit squeeze.
Italy’s UniCredit...the largest lender in eastern Europe...just reported a massive E10.6bn/ $14.3bn quarterly loss...and must now raise over E7bn.
Especially hard hit will be Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia and Romania.
Currencies there have already been hit.
Hungary's forint...down 8.8%...and Czech's koruna...down 5.9%...are the world’s two worst performers in the past month. Serbia's dinar is the third-weakest, off 4.8%...while the fourth...Poland’s zloty dropped 4.5%.
Hungary may soon face a debt downgrade to 'junk' status...as it has scaled back...for the 3rd time...short term bond sales.