- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
15 November 2011
Morgan Stanley predicts that western European lenders will cut balance sheets by as much as E2.5tn to meet capital requirements...and much of those funds will come from Eastern Europe... bringing a credit squeeze.
Italy’s UniCredit...the largest lender in eastern Europe...just reported a massive E10.6bn/ $14.3bn quarterly loss...and must now raise over E7bn.
Especially hard hit will be Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia and Romania.
Currencies there have already been hit.
Hungary's forint...down 8.8%...and Czech's koruna...down 5.9%...are the world’s two worst performers in the past month. Serbia's dinar is the third-weakest, off 4.8%...while the fourth...Poland’s zloty dropped 4.5%.
Hungary may soon face a debt downgrade to 'junk' status...as it has scaled back...for the 3rd time...short term bond sales.