- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
05 November 2011
As Brasil's economic might grows...so do its neighbors' resentments.
Recently, indigena bloodied Bolivia's President Evo Morales...forcing him to abandon a controversial Brasil-backed Amazon highway.
There have been other Brasil-led development tensions in Guyana, Argentina and Peru.
“Now Brasil is engaging Latin America more deeply, without a clear policy of addressing the anxiety that can accompany this process,” says a Brasilian professor. “There’s the real danger of being on the receiving end of anger in certain places.”