- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
25 October 2011
Northern League leader Umberto Bossi reportedly wrested PM Silvio Berlusconi's concession to resign in January...in return for raising the retirement age...but at a more leisurely rate.
The Northern League is Berlusconi's most important coalition partner.
Bossi had previously said :"I'm not touching our pensions, which are fine, to bring up the age to 67 just to please the Germans," said Bossi (below).
Meanwhile...a small scuffle broke out on the floor of the parliament today between the Northern League and some of Silvio's boys.
An observer noted that "Berlusconi's been on the verge of stepping down for several months now, but he's always managed to pull off a truce."
Eurozone leaders are spurring Italy to make more drastic reforms to reassure markets.
Italy's 10 year bonds have neared the unsustainable 6% interest level...as market confidence diminishes.
Over the weekend...French President Sarkozy and Chancellor Angela Merkel visibly shared smirks at a press conference over Berlusconi's ability "to (have Italy's debt) reduced in a credible manner in the coming years".