- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
25 October 2011
Northern League leader Umberto Bossi reportedly wrested PM Silvio Berlusconi's concession to resign in January...in return for raising the retirement age...but at a more leisurely rate.
The Northern League is Berlusconi's most important coalition partner.
Bossi had previously said :"I'm not touching our pensions, which are fine, to bring up the age to 67 just to please the Germans," said Bossi (below).
Meanwhile...a small scuffle broke out on the floor of the parliament today between the Northern League and some of Silvio's boys.
An observer noted that "Berlusconi's been on the verge of stepping down for several months now, but he's always managed to pull off a truce."
Eurozone leaders are spurring Italy to make more drastic reforms to reassure markets.
Italy's 10 year bonds have neared the unsustainable 6% interest level...as market confidence diminishes.
Over the weekend...French President Sarkozy and Chancellor Angela Merkel visibly shared smirks at a press conference over Berlusconi's ability "to (have Italy's debt) reduced in a credible manner in the coming years".