- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
31 October 2011
Former M-19 rebel Gustavo Petro, 51, is the new mayor-elect of Colombia's biggest city...and the nation's second most powerful man.
Petro won 32% of the vote after running a "zero corruption" campaign.
He served nearly 2 years in prison for his rebel activities.
As a senator, Petro uncovered a scandal that sent recent Bogota Mayor Samuel Moreno to jail.
Former President Alvaro Uribe's handpicked candidates lost 10 governorships while winning 6. Experts say the election results strengthen current President Santos' power.