- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
31 October 2011
Former M-19 rebel Gustavo Petro, 51, is the new mayor-elect of Colombia's biggest city...and the nation's second most powerful man.
Petro won 32% of the vote after running a "zero corruption" campaign.
He served nearly 2 years in prison for his rebel activities.
As a senator, Petro uncovered a scandal that sent recent Bogota Mayor Samuel Moreno to jail.
Former President Alvaro Uribe's handpicked candidates lost 10 governorships while winning 6. Experts say the election results strengthen current President Santos' power.