- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
31 October 2011
Former M-19 rebel Gustavo Petro, 51, is the new mayor-elect of Colombia's biggest city...and the nation's second most powerful man.
Petro won 32% of the vote after running a "zero corruption" campaign.
He served nearly 2 years in prison for his rebel activities.
As a senator, Petro uncovered a scandal that sent recent Bogota Mayor Samuel Moreno to jail.
Former President Alvaro Uribe's handpicked candidates lost 10 governorships while winning 6. Experts say the election results strengthen current President Santos' power.