- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
21 May 2013
EL SALVADOR : Supreme Court Ruling Threatens 60,000 Gang War Truce.
The nation's Supreme Court has ruled that the appointment of Security Minister David Mungia Payes was illegal...possibly ending a year-long truce between 60,000 members of MS-13 and Calle 18 gangs.
Mungia Payes negotiated the shaky truce...last year along with the Catholic Church.
Since then the number of murders has plummeted.
The court ruled that Mungia Payes' position...and the state police chief must be occupied by a civilian; Mungia Payes is a former general