- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
12 March 2013
MEXICO : Coahuila Newspapers End Narco Crime Coverage.
A growing reaction by some Mexican news organizations about ongoing narco violence ...is to ignore it.
In Coahuila state...the Zocalo newspaper group...announced it will stop reporting narco news...to protect its reporters and staff.
Zocalo has newspapers in Saltillo, Piedras Negras, Cuidad Acuna and Monclova.
Last week the company's chief executive was threatened on posters plastered in several cities.
Other newspapers and even TV outlets have been threatened and attacked.
Narco terror has continued at a steady and horrific pace during the first 100 days of new President Pena Nieto's regime.