- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
05 February 2013
MEXICO/ SPAIN : 11 Feb UPDATE : 6 Arrested For Acapulco Tourist Rapes.
Police have arrested 6 men for invading a beachfront casita rented by 14 tourists on the eastern outskirts of Acapulco...and allegedly raping 6 Spanish nationals vacationing there.
The suspects worked at beachfront restaurants and were moved to Mexico City.
During the assault...police say that 6 male companions of the raped tourists were tied-up with phone cords...and robbed...while the gunmen drank mescal...and assaulted the women.
One woman escaped the 3 hour long sexual assault...by revealing that she was Mexican.
Police still claim the masked gunmen may have sold drugs to some of the victims...days before the home invasion and rapes.
But some are calling the claim is a crude attempt by officials to smear the victims' reputations and mitigate the crimes...and Acapulco's reputation worldwide.
Police had questioned more than a dozen people about the crimes.
The 3 a.m. assaults occurred...in the popular Playa Encantada area.
Acapulco's tourism is already suffering from violence in Guerrero state.