- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
04 February 2013
ARGENTINA / IMF : Cristina Freezes Prices...For 60 Days.
Last week...Argentina was formally censured by the IMF for its dubious inflation figures.
For years...Buenos Aires has claimed annual inflation rates of only 9%-11%...while economists have insisted the yearly rates have really approached...25%- 30%.
Consumers have grown frustrated...and angry.
Now...President Fernandez is freezing all prices in major supermarkets...for 2 months.
Large foreign chains like Walmart and Carrefour must keep prices unchanged until 01 April.
The government has set-up a hotline to report violations.