- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
31 January 2013
CYPRUS / EUROZONE / RUSSIA / IMF : Tiny Island Delivers Big Worries.
Some currency traders predict the euro will hit $1.40 vs the usd in 2013...before retreating.
The euro is currently hovering around the $1.36 level.
The Eurozone's troubles seem to be receding.
Until...the little island of Cyprus came along. Again.
It desperately needs a bailout.
At least...10 billion euros to mend its banking system...and 7.5 bn euros for operations and debts.
It has been begging for money since June last year.
But 17.5 billion euros almost equals its 18 billion GDP.
How could it ever repay the loans?
And...there's the nagging Russian problem.
Rich Russian nationals love to visit...and bank in Cyprus.
They may also be laundering their fortunes thru its very amenable banks.
Germany especially is reportedly uncomfortable with Moscow's close ties to Nicosia.
The Cyprus FinMin expects Russian investors will extend their 2.5 bn euro/$3.4 bn loan...due in 2016...to 2022.