- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
31 January 2013
CYPRUS / EUROZONE / RUSSIA / IMF : Tiny Island Delivers Big Worries.
Some currency traders predict the euro will hit $1.40 vs the usd in 2013...before retreating.
The euro is currently hovering around the $1.36 level.
The Eurozone's troubles seem to be receding.
Until...the little island of Cyprus came along. Again.
It desperately needs a bailout.
At least...10 billion euros to mend its banking system...and 7.5 bn euros for operations and debts.
It has been begging for money since June last year.
But 17.5 billion euros almost equals its 18 billion GDP.
How could it ever repay the loans?
And...there's the nagging Russian problem.
Rich Russian nationals love to visit...and bank in Cyprus.
They may also be laundering their fortunes thru its very amenable banks.
Germany especially is reportedly uncomfortable with Moscow's close ties to Nicosia.
The Cyprus FinMin expects Russian investors will extend their 2.5 bn euro/$3.4 bn loan...due in 2016...to 2022.