- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
16 November 2012
CROATIA / SERBIA : 17 NOV. UPDATE: Hague Frees 2 Croat Generals; Zagreb Rejoices...As Beograd Seethes.
Hague's justices have freed 2 Croat generals...convicted of war crimes against Serbs in the 1990's.
The appeals judges released Generals Ante Gotovina and Mladen Markac.
The men...both 57...were sentenced to decades in prison in 2011 for killing ethnic Serbs in Croatia's Krajina region.
They arrived to a joyful demonstration of an estimated 50,000 in Zagreb...but their release was condemned in Beograd/Belgrade.
Officials there claim the Hague court has lost its neutrality...and credibility.
It is the war crimes court's biggest reversal in nearly 2 decades...and will strain relations between the 2 neighbors.