- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
16 November 2012
CROATIA / SERBIA : 17 NOV. UPDATE: Hague Frees 2 Croat Generals; Zagreb Rejoices...As Beograd Seethes.
Hague's justices have freed 2 Croat generals...convicted of war crimes against Serbs in the 1990's.
The appeals judges released Generals Ante Gotovina and Mladen Markac.
The men...both 57...were sentenced to decades in prison in 2011 for killing ethnic Serbs in Croatia's Krajina region.
They arrived to a joyful demonstration of an estimated 50,000 in Zagreb...but their release was condemned in Beograd/Belgrade.
Officials there claim the Hague court has lost its neutrality...and credibility.
It is the war crimes court's biggest reversal in nearly 2 decades...and will strain relations between the 2 neighbors.