- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
19 October 2012
PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
With :31 video report...after ad.
A total of 3 people were killed...including a boy...and dozens were injured and arrested during 5 days of violent protests in Cd. Colon...over a land sale law passed Friday for the free trade zone.
Now...President Martinelli says he will repeal the law.
Workers worried about their jobs set fires...and clashed with police several times.
At least 15 were injured...and 25 were detained...before a curfew was finally declared in Colon.
AND: As TV's Monty Python used to say: 'And now...for something completely different.'
A nation...wants to adopt the euro.
In Berlin...Panama President Ricardo Martinelli told German Chancellor Merkel...he would like to accept the euro as legal tender...equal with the $usd.
But he gave no details.
Panama's economy grew by 10.6% in 2011...the fastest rate in Latin America.
Its $5.25 billion canal expansion...that will double capacity...is scheduled for completion by the end of 2014.