- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
19 October 2012
PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
With :31 video report...after ad.
A total of 3 people were killed...including a boy...and dozens were injured and arrested during 5 days of violent protests in Cd. Colon...over a land sale law passed Friday for the free trade zone.
Now...President Martinelli says he will repeal the law.
Workers worried about their jobs set fires...and clashed with police several times.
At least 15 were injured...and 25 were detained...before a curfew was finally declared in Colon.
AND: As TV's Monty Python used to say: 'And now...for something completely different.'
A nation...wants to adopt the euro.
In Berlin...Panama President Ricardo Martinelli told German Chancellor Merkel...he would like to accept the euro as legal tender...equal with the $usd.
But he gave no details.
Panama's economy grew by 10.6% in 2011...the fastest rate in Latin America.
Its $5.25 billion canal expansion...that will double capacity...is scheduled for completion by the end of 2014.