- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
13 January 2012
It seems that making fun of Poland...just won't die here in the USA.
Even allegedly educated persons unthinkingly continue to do it.
But...one wonders how smart one really is...to do it in the belly of the beast...the state of Ohio...home to hundreds of thousands with Polish ancestry.
That didn't stop Gordon Gee, the current President of Ohio State University.
He put his boot to Poland's military...and firmly into his mouth...during a speech.
"When we had these 18 colleges all kind of floating around, they were kind of like PT Boats, they were shooting each other," Gee said. "It was kind of like the Polish army or something. I have no idea what it was."
Gee finally apologized after many Polish Americans called his remarks slanderous, smelling of bigotry and insulting.