- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
05 December 2011
Handsome, rich and leading in polls as the presumed PRI presidential candidate for the July 2012 election... former Mexico state gov. Enrique Pena Nieto, 45, stumbled for a full 4 minutes when asked to name his three most influential books
Pena Nieto finally recovered but could only say that he has read "parts of" the Bible.
Thus...encouraging his critics...who claim that he is nothing but a Ken doll...pretty and empty.
Twitter also went wild with comments.
Pena Nieto showed good humor over the Twitter comments...saying that : "I'm reading some tweets about my error yesterday, some are very critical, others are even funny. I thank you for all of them," he wrote.
He also tweeted : "Freedom of expression is a central pillar of democracy. Criticism of those of us who aspire to or hold political office is fundamental."