- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
25 December 2011
Give it to the Saudis. They are wildly opportunistic capitalists.
Saudi Arabia's biggest dairy got in...just under the wire of a land limit law...by buying farm company Fondomonte for $85mn...and securing future supplies of animal feed.
Riyadh-based Almarai will soon control 12,000 hectares/30,000 acres of rich Argentine farmland...ahead of tough new limits to be voted on by the Senate there...that will limit foreign ownership of productive land...to 1,000 hectares/2,500 acres.
Fondomonte grows corn, soybeans and other crops on 3 farms.