- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
29 November 2011
Stepping into the spotlight and speaking more like a finance minister or PM...Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski wants Germany to take stronger action in the ongoing eurozone debt crisis.
In a Berlin speech...Sikorski said that he believes a euro collapse would be "the biggest threat to the security and prosperity of Poland".
"There is nothing inevitable about Europe's decline. But we are standing on the edge of a precipice. This is the scariest moment of my ministerial life but therefore also the most sublime.
And I demand of Germany that, for your own sake and for ours, you help it survive and prosper. You know full well that nobody else can do it.
I will probably be the first Polish foreign minister in history to say so, but here it is: I fear German power less than I am beginning to fear German inactivity."