29 November 2011

POLAND / GERMANY/ EUROZONE : Sikorski Demands Berlin Act Stronger In Debt Crisis.

                                           REUTERS

      Stepping into the spotlight and speaking more like a finance minister or PM...Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski wants Germany to take stronger action in the ongoing eurozone debt crisis.
     In a Berlin speech...Sikorski said that he believes a euro collapse would be "the biggest threat to the security and prosperity of Poland".
    "There is nothing inevitable about Europe's decline. But we are standing on the edge of a precipice. This is the scariest moment of my ministerial life but therefore also the most sublime.
     And I demand of Germany that, for your own sake and for ours, you help it survive and prosper. You know full well that nobody else can do it.
     I will probably be the first Polish foreign minister in history to say so, but here it is: I fear German power less than I am beginning to fear German inactivity."