- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
18 November 2011
President Dilma Rousseff is pressing for the creation of a panel to probe human rights abuses from 1946-1988.
Rousseff was jailed and tortured as a Marxist rebel during the military dictatorship.
"It is fundamental that the population, above all the young and future generations know our past, how many people were jailed, tortured and died," she said.
"The truth about our past is fundamental so that these acts which tarnished our history do not happen again."
"Secrecy will never again be used to hide abuse of human rights," Rousseff said.
However...the panel will NOT end amnesty...in effect since 1979...for abusers.