- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
18 November 2011
President Dilma Rousseff is pressing for the creation of a panel to probe human rights abuses from 1946-1988.
Rousseff was jailed and tortured as a Marxist rebel during the military dictatorship.
"It is fundamental that the population, above all the young and future generations know our past, how many people were jailed, tortured and died," she said.
"The truth about our past is fundamental so that these acts which tarnished our history do not happen again."
"Secrecy will never again be used to hide abuse of human rights," Rousseff said.
However...the panel will NOT end amnesty...in effect since 1979...for abusers.