- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- CHINA: Off Topic But Interesting: Ai WeiWei...Rebel Artist...With A Cause.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
18 November 2011
President Dilma Rousseff is pressing for the creation of a panel to probe human rights abuses from 1946-1988.
Rousseff was jailed and tortured as a Marxist rebel during the military dictatorship.
"It is fundamental that the population, above all the young and future generations know our past, how many people were jailed, tortured and died," she said.
"The truth about our past is fundamental so that these acts which tarnished our history do not happen again."
"Secrecy will never again be used to hide abuse of human rights," Rousseff said.
However...the panel will NOT end amnesty...in effect since 1979...for abusers.