NYTIMES/ ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO /
A profile of Leonardo Farkas Klein, 43, a millionaire former Las Vegas lounge singer, turned mine owner. Farkas is currently Chile’s most prominent philanthropist.
He owns four mines that export three million tons of iron ore a year to China,
“The business people here don’t like me too much, I don’t think I fit in here,” said Farkas. “One day I may go back” to the United States. “But right now I think I can do more here with my money and work than in America.”
Popular Posts
- CANADA / MEXICO / CHILE : Former BC Woman Cop Murdered In Playa Del Carmen; Barrick Gold Fined $16 Million For Pascua-Lama, May Suspend Mine.
- POLAND: Jaroslaw's Opposition Party Expells 3 Top Members.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP / SWEDEN / MEXICO / BRASIL: Gauging Navalny's Real Support; American Sought For 4 Murders In Brno; Rioting Near Stockholm Spreads On 4th Night; Vigilantes Continue Narco Fight In Tierra Caliente; October Auction Scheduled For Giant Libra Subsalt Field.
- BRASIL: Truck Driver Escapes Watery Death.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- CHINA / VIDEO : Dissident Artist Ai Weiwei Releases Critical Funky Rock Video.
- EL SALVADOR : Supreme Court Ruling Threatens 60,000 Gang War Truce.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- AUSTIN / TECHNOLOGY : TWITTER Is NewsBlog's New Home.
