- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL: Rio Debates Squatters And Slums After Tragic Landslides.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- USA / FASHION / IMAGES: 3D Animal T-Shirts...Standout.
04 April 2013
CHICAGO / USA / CINEMA : 05 April UPDATE: Stars Praise Deceased Film Critic Roger Ebert.
Chicagoan Roger Ebert...the USA's most famous film critic...is dead at age 70.
The prolific newspaperman turned TV personality...had fought cancer since 2002.
Despite many surgeries...after 2006...the disease ate away his lower jaw...preventing him from consuming foods, liquids and speaking.
He announced just last week that cancer had spread to his femur.
Ebert won a Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 1976...wrote 20 books...and until 2006...appeared on a popular weekly syndicated film review program.
He became famous for popularizing the use of a 'thumb up' to recommend a movie.
In 1976...with rival newspaper critic Gene Siskel...he first co-hosted a weekly movie review program on Chicago's public TV station...that was later syndicated nationwide...and ran in various versions...for 31 years.
Ebert became an avid blogger/tweeter...and continued writing films reviews for the financially troubled Chicago Sun Times...his employer since 1967...and over 200 newspapers...until last week.