- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
04 April 2013
CHICAGO / USA / CINEMA : 05 April UPDATE: Stars Praise Deceased Film Critic Roger Ebert.
Chicagoan Roger Ebert...the USA's most famous film critic...is dead at age 70.
The prolific newspaperman turned TV personality...had fought cancer since 2002.
Despite many surgeries...after 2006...the disease ate away his lower jaw...preventing him from consuming foods, liquids and speaking.
He announced just last week that cancer had spread to his femur.
Ebert won a Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 1976...wrote 20 books...and until 2006...appeared on a popular weekly syndicated film review program.
He became famous for popularizing the use of a 'thumb up' to recommend a movie.
In 1976...with rival newspaper critic Gene Siskel...he first co-hosted a weekly movie review program on Chicago's public TV station...that was later syndicated nationwide...and ran in various versions...for 31 years.
Ebert became an avid blogger/tweeter...and continued writing films reviews for the financially troubled Chicago Sun Times...his employer since 1967...and over 200 newspapers...until last week.