- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
04 April 2013
CHICAGO / USA / CINEMA : 05 April UPDATE: Stars Praise Deceased Film Critic Roger Ebert.
Chicagoan Roger Ebert...the USA's most famous film critic...is dead at age 70.
The prolific newspaperman turned TV personality...had fought cancer since 2002.
Despite many surgeries...after 2006...the disease ate away his lower jaw...preventing him from consuming foods, liquids and speaking.
He announced just last week that cancer had spread to his femur.
Ebert won a Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 1976...wrote 20 books...and until 2006...appeared on a popular weekly syndicated film review program.
He became famous for popularizing the use of a 'thumb up' to recommend a movie.
In 1976...with rival newspaper critic Gene Siskel...he first co-hosted a weekly movie review program on Chicago's public TV station...that was later syndicated nationwide...and ran in various versions...for 31 years.
Ebert became an avid blogger/tweeter...and continued writing films reviews for the financially troubled Chicago Sun Times...his employer since 1967...and over 200 newspapers...until last week.