- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
24 February 2013
ICELAND / AUSTERITY / CURRENCIES: ReykJavik...Finds The Road To Recovery...Slippery.
Iceland went thru real economic Hell...after its 2008 bank and currency crash.
So...a fast recovery for the small economy was predicted by many.
Though it is growing at 2%...faster than most EU nations...inflation is high...and it's currency and capital controls...have become straight jackets.
One politician compares its currency...the krona/crown...down 17% since August...to the Disneyland dollar.
Icelanders now complain bitterly about economic stagnation.
Many voters are tired of austerity...and may replace the austerity minded ruling conservatives...with leftists...or even extreme rightists...in April.