- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
03 May 2012
VENEZUELA / CUBA : 04 May UPDATE: Chavez Running Caracas Via Twitter; Cancer Stricken Leader Activates Advisory Council; Bocaranda Claims Hugo Is Depressed and Crippled.
On Monday...President Hugo Chavez returned again to La Habana for another...and he claims...the last...radiation treatment for his still undisclosed cancer.
In truth...Hugo has spent more time in Cuba...than in Caracas.
Chavez is now actively running Venezuela...via TWITTER...governing by remote control.
Opposition columnist Nelson Bocaranda claims Hugo is deeply depressed over his poor prognosis...and has a fractured femur due to excessive radiation...and is in severe pain.
Bocaranda also claims a La Habana arrival was staged to exclude Hugo's need for a wheelchair.
Chavez, 57...also recently activated an advisory council...that prior existed only in theory...but could rule in his absence or death...and named VP Elias Jaua and 9 others to it.
Observers say there are no surprises among its members...but believe empowering the council is not good news for Chavez...or Venezuela.
Before his return to La Habana...after only 3 days in Caracas...Chavez announced on TV that he wants Venezuela to withdraw from the OAS Human Rights Commission...because it's 'a tool the US uses against us.'
He also approved a new law that shortens the work week to 40 hours from 44...and increases maternity leave from 18 to 26 weeks.