- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
12 December 2011
More proof that the entire eurozone is extremely skittish.
With the trappings of an old-fashioned depression-era bank run...rumors of financial and legal problems rife on social networks...had more than 10,000 Latvians withdrawing their funds from Swedish-owned Swedbank...an estimated 10mn Lats/$19mn...so far.
Swedbank chief executive Maris Macinskis called the rumors "absurd".
Swedbank has deposits of 1.6bn Lats/$3.1bn in Latvia...about 40% of its assets.
Spreading false rumors is a criminal offense in Latvia...punishable with two years in jail.