- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
12 December 2011
More proof that the entire eurozone is extremely skittish.
With the trappings of an old-fashioned depression-era bank run...rumors of financial and legal problems rife on social networks...had more than 10,000 Latvians withdrawing their funds from Swedish-owned Swedbank...an estimated 10mn Lats/$19mn...so far.
Swedbank chief executive Maris Macinskis called the rumors "absurd".
Swedbank has deposits of 1.6bn Lats/$3.1bn in Latvia...about 40% of its assets.
Spreading false rumors is a criminal offense in Latvia...punishable with two years in jail.