- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
12 December 2011
More proof that the entire eurozone is extremely skittish.
With the trappings of an old-fashioned depression-era bank run...rumors of financial and legal problems rife on social networks...had more than 10,000 Latvians withdrawing their funds from Swedish-owned Swedbank...an estimated 10mn Lats/$19mn...so far.
Swedbank chief executive Maris Macinskis called the rumors "absurd".
Swedbank has deposits of 1.6bn Lats/$3.1bn in Latvia...about 40% of its assets.
Spreading false rumors is a criminal offense in Latvia...punishable with two years in jail.