- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
18 December 2011
The same judge who in September stopped construction on the Amazon's $11bn Belo Monte dam...has reversed his decision...and allowed it to go forward.
Judge Castro Martins said the company has shown that construction would not harm local fishing...or interfere with the flow of the Xingu river.
Brasil contends that the 11,000 megawatts of electricity from the dam is badly needed...despite flooding 500 sq kms of the Amazon forest....and displacing 50,000 indigena peoples.
FOR PREVIOUS Post/Link details: