- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
27 April 2013
BRASIL : Petrobras Production Falls Again; Down 3.9% In March.
Troubled state-controlled energy giant Petrobras/PBR...saw its March production fall again...down 3.9% from February.
It notched only 1.85 million bpd in March.
It was PBR's 10th consecutive month of falling production.
Officials blamed maintenance work in the important Campos field.
But Petrobras still reported a Q1 profit of $3.85 billion...beating estimates...but posting a 17% decline from 2012.
In May...the first bidding in years...will be held for 166 offshore blocks...including 81 deep water sites.
71 companies and 18 countries are registered for the potentially lucrative auction.