- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
27 April 2013
BRASIL : Petrobras Production Falls Again; Down 3.9% In March.
Troubled state-controlled energy giant Petrobras/PBR...saw its March production fall again...down 3.9% from February.
It notched only 1.85 million bpd in March.
It was PBR's 10th consecutive month of falling production.
Officials blamed maintenance work in the important Campos field.
But Petrobras still reported a Q1 profit of $3.85 billion...beating estimates...but posting a 17% decline from 2012.
In May...the first bidding in years...will be held for 166 offshore blocks...including 81 deep water sites.
71 companies and 18 countries are registered for the potentially lucrative auction.