- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
18 February 2013
ECUADOR : President Correa Sweeps To Victory.
Surprising nobody...President Rafael Correa, 49...scored a landslide victory...winning the preliminary count...with 56.7% of 11.6 million votes...and earning a 3rd term.
With 7 candidates...the vote for the 4-year term was badly split.
Correa's closest competitor...conservative banker Guillermo Lasso...garnered 23.3%.
By winning by more than 50%...Correa avoided a run-off.
In 6 years...he has reduced poverty, increased health care and education...while improving nearly 5,000 miles of roads and providing over 95,000 jobs.
He is also the only president to complete his term in the past 20 years.
Now Correa must win back foreign investors and companies to exploit Ecuador's moribund oil production and mining opportunities.
They abandoned his nation after it defaulted on $3.2 billion in debts in 2008.
Only China continues to invest in Ecuador...mainly for its oil resources.