- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
11 August 2012
ECUADOR / UK / SWEDEN / USA : Strange Media Bedfellows...Assange And Correa.
At first glance...controversial WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange...and Ecuador's President Rafael Correa appear to be strange bedfellows.
Correa has aggressively prosecuted his nation's media...which he calls 'the corrupt press'...while Internet whistleblower Assange often hides behind defending press freedoms.
Word may come this week...whether Correa will grant asylum to Assange...currently holed-up in Ecuador's London embassy...to avoid extradition to Sweden for alleged illegal sexual behaviors...and perhaps later to the USA.
Local journalists in Ecuador are aghast.
'It seems to me Assange either doesn't know or care about what's happening to local journalists,' says a free speech spokesman.