- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
26 May 2012
CHILE : 28 May UPDATE: Residents Riot Over Slaughterhouse 'Cochinos.'
Residents of the small village of Freirina complained about the strong foul smell for months.
Finally...they couldn't take it anymore...and rioted...blocking workers' access to the pig slaughterhouse there for 5 days.
The rendering plant is one of the largest in LatAm...located 800 kms north of Santiago.
Now...on official orders...it may take 6 months...but 500,000 pigs will be removed...to prevent a health hazard from the dying porcines.
The plant's owner...Agrosuper...finally admitted the slaughterhouse had ventilation problems.