- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
03 March 2012
BRASIL / FIFA : 6 March UPDATE: FIFA's Valcke Blames Poor Translation For 'Kick-up Arse" Comment; Says Sorry.
Always blame...the poor translator.
That's what Frenchman FIFA Sec/Gen. Jerome Valcke is doing...after being quoted saying that Brasil must step-up its pace on stadia prep work for the 2014 World Cup.
Valcke (foto) allegedly said that Brasil needed a 'kick up the arse' to get ready after 5 years of doing 'nothing'.
Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo demanded a replacement after 'unacceptable' comments... saying that Valke is no longer welcome to visit there.
Another official called Valcke a 'loudmouth.'
At first, Valcke called Rebelo's response 'a bit puerile.'
Now...he says he s sorry.
Brasil is spending billions to upgrade its football stadia, roads and airports.