- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
03 March 2012
BRASIL / FIFA : 6 March UPDATE: FIFA's Valcke Blames Poor Translation For 'Kick-up Arse" Comment; Says Sorry.
Always blame...the poor translator.
That's what Frenchman FIFA Sec/Gen. Jerome Valcke is doing...after being quoted saying that Brasil must step-up its pace on stadia prep work for the 2014 World Cup.
Valcke (foto) allegedly said that Brasil needed a 'kick up the arse' to get ready after 5 years of doing 'nothing'.
Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo demanded a replacement after 'unacceptable' comments... saying that Valke is no longer welcome to visit there.
Another official called Valcke a 'loudmouth.'
At first, Valcke called Rebelo's response 'a bit puerile.'
Now...he says he s sorry.
Brasil is spending billions to upgrade its football stadia, roads and airports.