- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
22 April 2011
Earlier this month, wreckage of an Air France Airbus was finally discovered in 3,900 meters/12,800 feet under the Atlantic off Brasil's coast near Natal...after many searches.
Because of the extreme depths, retrieval is difficult.
At that depth, the sea is black...with temperatures near freezing.. and water pressure equal to the weight of a car...on a postage stamp.
Alcatel-Lucent will provide a 140-meter ship that normally lays deep-sea cables.
One “Remora” robotic submarine/ROV, equipped with high-resolution cameras and two manipulator arms, will attempt to recover 200 kilograms/440 pounds of debris in a single dive.