- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- TECHNOLOGY : Today's 8 TWITTER Posts/Newslinks.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
22 April 2011
Earlier this month, wreckage of an Air France Airbus was finally discovered in 3,900 meters/12,800 feet under the Atlantic off Brasil's coast near Natal...after many searches.
Because of the extreme depths, retrieval is difficult.
At that depth, the sea is black...with temperatures near freezing.. and water pressure equal to the weight of a car...on a postage stamp.
Alcatel-Lucent will provide a 140-meter ship that normally lays deep-sea cables.
One “Remora” robotic submarine/ROV, equipped with high-resolution cameras and two manipulator arms, will attempt to recover 200 kilograms/440 pounds of debris in a single dive.