- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
22 April 2011
Earlier this month, wreckage of an Air France Airbus was finally discovered in 3,900 meters/12,800 feet under the Atlantic off Brasil's coast near Natal...after many searches.
Because of the extreme depths, retrieval is difficult.
At that depth, the sea is black...with temperatures near freezing.. and water pressure equal to the weight of a car...on a postage stamp.
Alcatel-Lucent will provide a 140-meter ship that normally lays deep-sea cables.
One “Remora” robotic submarine/ROV, equipped with high-resolution cameras and two manipulator arms, will attempt to recover 200 kilograms/440 pounds of debris in a single dive.