- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- BRASIL: Miss Bum Bum Finalists To Be Chosen By Online Vote.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
18 June 2010
Central bank President Rodrigo Bolanos said he may intervene more frequently in the foreign-exchange market to reduce swings in the currency. The colon has surged 6.9% this year against the U.S. dollar, the second-best performance in the world after the Colombian peso. The colon is benefiting from the carry trade, where investors borrow in nations with low interest rates to buy higher-yielding assets. Costa Rica’s $29.4 billion economy will grow 3.8% this year, the second-fastest in Central America after Panama's 5% expansion, reports the IMF. GDP dropped 1.1% in 2009.