- BRASIL: Miss Bum Bum Finalists To Be Chosen By Online Vote.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- POLAND : 22 Warsaw Police Injured As Ultra Rightists Crash Independence March; 176 Arrested.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA: Will World Cup Matches Affect Presidential Voting?
- AUSTIN,TEXAS: Lance Armstrong Still Under Seige For Doping Charges.
- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
18 June 2010
Central bank President Rodrigo Bolanos said he may intervene more frequently in the foreign-exchange market to reduce swings in the currency. The colon has surged 6.9% this year against the U.S. dollar, the second-best performance in the world after the Colombian peso. The colon is benefiting from the carry trade, where investors borrow in nations with low interest rates to buy higher-yielding assets. Costa Rica’s $29.4 billion economy will grow 3.8% this year, the second-fastest in Central America after Panama's 5% expansion, reports the IMF. GDP dropped 1.1% in 2009.