- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
18 June 2010
Central bank President Rodrigo Bolanos said he may intervene more frequently in the foreign-exchange market to reduce swings in the currency. The colon has surged 6.9% this year against the U.S. dollar, the second-best performance in the world after the Colombian peso. The colon is benefiting from the carry trade, where investors borrow in nations with low interest rates to buy higher-yielding assets. Costa Rica’s $29.4 billion economy will grow 3.8% this year, the second-fastest in Central America after Panama's 5% expansion, reports the IMF. GDP dropped 1.1% in 2009.