- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
01 May 2013
RUSSIA / BULGARIA / POLAND / ENERGY : Thanks To Shale...Neighbors Now Squeezing Gazprom; 2012 Net Profits Down 10%.
In a rapid and dramatic reversal of fortunes...neighboring customers of Russia's Gazprom are now successfully extracting price concessions...from the giant energy bully that once threatened...and even proceeded with supply cut-offs in freezing temps.
All...because of new energy sources...led by cheaper shale gas and oil...that have freed-up coal and LNG.
But...it has forced Gazprom to post less than robust growth...and that upsets President Putin.
Gazprom's net profits in 2012...$38 billion...fell by 10% y/y.
Russia owns 50.002% of Gazprom stock.
On Moscow's stockmarket...it's shares have fallen by 29% since September.