- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
01 May 2013
RUSSIA / BULGARIA / POLAND / ENERGY : Thanks To Shale...Neighbors Now Squeezing Gazprom; 2012 Net Profits Down 10%.
In a rapid and dramatic reversal of fortunes...neighboring customers of Russia's Gazprom are now successfully extracting price concessions...from the giant energy bully that once threatened...and even proceeded with supply cut-offs in freezing temps.
All...because of new energy sources...led by cheaper shale gas and oil...that have freed-up coal and LNG.
But...it has forced Gazprom to post less than robust growth...and that upsets President Putin.
Gazprom's net profits in 2012...$38 billion...fell by 10% y/y.
Russia owns 50.002% of Gazprom stock.
On Moscow's stockmarket...it's shares have fallen by 29% since September.