- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
01 May 2013
RUSSIA / BULGARIA / POLAND / ENERGY : Thanks To Shale...Neighbors Now Squeezing Gazprom; 2012 Net Profits Down 10%.
In a rapid and dramatic reversal of fortunes...neighboring customers of Russia's Gazprom are now successfully extracting price concessions...from the giant energy bully that once threatened...and even proceeded with supply cut-offs in freezing temps.
All...because of new energy sources...led by cheaper shale gas and oil...that have freed-up coal and LNG.
But...it has forced Gazprom to post less than robust growth...and that upsets President Putin.
Gazprom's net profits in 2012...$38 billion...fell by 10% y/y.
Russia owns 50.002% of Gazprom stock.
On Moscow's stockmarket...it's shares have fallen by 29% since September.