- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
01 May 2013
RUSSIA / BULGARIA / POLAND / ENERGY : Thanks To Shale...Neighbors Now Squeezing Gazprom; 2012 Net Profits Down 10%.
In a rapid and dramatic reversal of fortunes...neighboring customers of Russia's Gazprom are now successfully extracting price concessions...from the giant energy bully that once threatened...and even proceeded with supply cut-offs in freezing temps.
All...because of new energy sources...led by cheaper shale gas and oil...that have freed-up coal and LNG.
But...it has forced Gazprom to post less than robust growth...and that upsets President Putin.
Gazprom's net profits in 2012...$38 billion...fell by 10% y/y.
Russia owns 50.002% of Gazprom stock.
On Moscow's stockmarket...it's shares have fallen by 29% since September.