- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
01 May 2013
RUSSIA / BULGARIA / POLAND / ENERGY : Thanks To Shale...Neighbors Now Squeezing Gazprom; 2012 Net Profits Down 10%.
In a rapid and dramatic reversal of fortunes...neighboring customers of Russia's Gazprom are now successfully extracting price concessions...from the giant energy bully that once threatened...and even proceeded with supply cut-offs in freezing temps.
All...because of new energy sources...led by cheaper shale gas and oil...that have freed-up coal and LNG.
But...it has forced Gazprom to post less than robust growth...and that upsets President Putin.
Gazprom's net profits in 2012...$38 billion...fell by 10% y/y.
Russia owns 50.002% of Gazprom stock.
On Moscow's stockmarket...it's shares have fallen by 29% since September.