- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
06 May 2013
MEXICO : Pena Nieto Wants Complex Tax Code Revised...For More Revenue.
Mexico has extremely low tax revenues for a major developing nation.
Currently...the world's richest man...Carlos Slim Helu...worth over $70 billion...is in the same tax bracket...as someone earning $2,700 monthly.
New President Enrique 'El Guapo' Pena Nieto wants to change that.
Mexico needs to wean itself from dependence on oil revenue.
Its tax code is complex...and the task won't be easy...because small vendors in Mexico's large informal economy...charge no sales tax...and pay no personal income taxes.