- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
01 April 2013
VENEZUELA : Black Market Website Lechuga Verde...Burns Frantic Dollar Seeking Venezuelans.
This is a cautionary tale...if ever there was one.
Dollar hungry Venezuelans have learned that their appetites to exchange Bolivars for $usds in the black market...but online...may have cost them.
Lechuga Verde/Green Lettuce...the leading, popular website for following daily black market exchange rates on Venezuela's tightly controlled currency...Bolivars...has apparently defrauded them...and disappeared.
On 8 March...all traces of Lechuga on Twitter, Facebook and the internet...vanished.
And...with it...money from thousands of desperate, dollar-seeking Venezuelans.