- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
11 December 2011
With a cabinet of 19...10 new ministers were sworn-in by President Ollanta Humala...after PM Salomon Lerner (above) unexpectedly resigned.
Under law...his departure forced Humala's entire cabinet to step down.
Lerner ran Humala's successful presidential campaign.
Observers speculate that Lerner's inability to settle the ongoing $4.8bn Conga gold mine protest may be a reason for the abrupt departure.
Some believe Lerner's conciliatory approach on Conga and 200 other social disputes may be replaced with a harder line...because the new PM is ex-military officer Interior Minister Oscar Valdes.