- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
02 November 2011
In a surprise move...the Banca Nationala a Romaniei lowered its benchmark rate...by 25 bps to a record-low 6%...from 6.25%...as inflation slowed by the lowest rate since the end of communism.
Its economy is struggling to grow by 1.5% after 2 years of recession.