07 October 2011

COLOMBIA / USA : Obama Names Shakira To Latino Commission.

 
                                      YOUTUBE 2:19

      Here's video of singer Shakira doing something I've NEVER seen...dressed conservatively and speaking about complex issues...in flawless English...with absolutely NO hip thrusting.
      Shakira believes early childhood development is key to improving education for US Hispanics after being appointed to a new Latino commission created by President Barack Obama.
     "There is no better investment than investment in our kids, especially when they are very little," Shakira said at the White House.
      "I can share a little bit of what I learned in the past 15 years working with Latino kids in Colombia and Latin America," the Grammy award-winner said.
       In short...this version of Shakira...is impressive!

   If only my Spanish were only as good as Shakira's English...my life in LatAm would go so much more smoothly.