10 February 2011

ARGENTINA: Former Secretary Claims She Was Nestor's Mistress For Years.

M.PRESS/

   Elizabeth Miriam Quiroga, 50, claims she formed a “strong union” with the late former president Nestor Kirchner after she began working for him in the 1990s.
    She said her relationship began when he was the governor of Santa Cruz in the nineties and continued when she became his secretary after he won the presidency in 2003.
    Quiroga is blaming her dismissal from a government job a month ago on Nestor's current wife, President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.
   “Maybe because some people say that I was Kirchner's lover. Cristina must have heard this.
It was well known that I was Kirchner's lover. I had a strong union with him. I left everything to come with him from the south. I left my family.”