I absolutely adore mangos.
And, on the island of Cuba, the biggest, sweetest, yellowest mangos I have ever tasted...are now in full season.
OMG! I miss them.
In fact, those mangos may be the only good reason for visiting that hot, humid and often dirty island during late spring.
Anyway, today's Austin-American Statesman has a good article about the history of mangos... with some recipes that I'll never use.
Wow, this is also the first time I have linked for content to the Statesman!http://www.austin360.com/food_drink/content/food_drink/stories/2009/06/0610mango.html
Popular Posts
- CANADA / MEXICO / CHILE : Former BC Woman Cop Murdered In Playa Del Carmen; Barrick Gold Fined $16 Million For Pascua-Lama, May Suspend Mine.
- POLAND: Jaroslaw's Opposition Party Expells 3 Top Members.
- CHINA / VIDEO : Dissident Artist Ai Weiwei Releases Critical Funky Rock Video.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP / SWEDEN / MEXICO / BRASIL: Gauging Navalny's Real Support; American Sought For 4 Murders In Brno; Rioting Near Stockholm Spreads On 4th Night; Vigilantes Continue Narco Fight In Tierra Caliente; October Auction Scheduled For Giant Libra Subsalt Field.
- BRASIL: Truck Driver Escapes Watery Death.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- EL SALVADOR : Supreme Court Ruling Threatens 60,000 Gang War Truce.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- AUSTIN / TECHNOLOGY : TWITTER Is NewsBlog's New Home.