- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- GUATEMALA : Gen. Rios Montt Faces Another Massacre Trial.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
04 May 2013
VENEZUELA / COLOMBIA : President Maduro Claims Uribe Behind Assassination Plot.
An effort to stir any lagging loyalties for new President Nicolas Maduro got a dose of nationalism on Friday...when Maduro claimed that former Colombian President Alvaro Uribe has plotted to have him assassinated.
Maduro claimed 'Uribe is behind a plot to kill me. Uribe is a killer.'
Maduro charged that the state murder intrigue involved several right-wing Venezuelan businessmen.
Conservative Uribe dismissed Maduro's charges as 'immature.'
Uribe has constantly attacked current Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos on social media...especially Twitter.
ALSO...new polling indicates that Santos' approval rating has risen to 47%...from 45% in Feb.