- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
26 April 2013
VENEZUELA : Maduro Opponent Capriles Calls Presidential Vote Audit 'A Joke'; Appeals To Supreme Court.
The outcome over the closely contested 14 April presidential vote has not be resolved.
Losing opposition candidate Henrique Capriles Radonski has vowed to challenge the outcome before the nation's Supreme Court.
Though President Maduro agreed to a full electronic vote audit...Capriles is demanding that fingerprints and voter signatures be examined.
He called the current audit...'a joke'...and insists that votes were 'stolen'...and backed out of support for an electronic only audit.
The opposition claims there were over 3,200 instances of fraud or intimidation.
They want the results annulled...and a new election.
Maduro won the 6-year term...by less than 2%.
Some Maduro supporters want Capriles tried for 'murder'...claiming he is responsible for post election disturbances...where 9 people died.