- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
26 April 2013
VENEZUELA : Maduro Opponent Capriles Calls Presidential Vote Audit 'A Joke'; Appeals To Supreme Court.
The outcome over the closely contested 14 April presidential vote has not be resolved.
Losing opposition candidate Henrique Capriles Radonski has vowed to challenge the outcome before the nation's Supreme Court.
Though President Maduro agreed to a full electronic vote audit...Capriles is demanding that fingerprints and voter signatures be examined.
He called the current audit...'a joke'...and insists that votes were 'stolen'...and backed out of support for an electronic only audit.
The opposition claims there were over 3,200 instances of fraud or intimidation.
They want the results annulled...and a new election.
Maduro won the 6-year term...by less than 2%.
Some Maduro supporters want Capriles tried for 'murder'...claiming he is responsible for post election disturbances...where 9 people died.