- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
05 March 2013
RUSSIA / ROMANIA : 5 Steel Plants Sold...For Just $70; Workers Fear Mass Layoffs.
The sale price for 5 working Romanian steel plants that employ 4,000...and earn 340,000 euros/$440,000 per year...was ridiculously low.
Just $70 usd!
But giant Russian metals trading company Mechel...unloaded those plants to an obscure Romanian trading company...Invest Nikrom.
Workers are afraid the new owners will close the plants...and sell them off as scrap... without bearing any social costs.
ArcelorMittal recently closed plants in France and Belgium because of poor steel prices in Europe.