- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
06 May 2012
RUSSIA / HONDURAS / BRASIL : 3 Foreign Features In The NYTimes.
Sunday must be the day when the NYTimes catches up on foreign features.
It carried 3 such articles today...about Brasil, Russia and Honduras.
The NYTimes revised paywall limits this news blog to 10 FREE visits per month....though it gives FACEBOOK users unlimited links.
Since this is currently an ad free...unmonetized newsblog...which allows fast loading...an uncluttered read...and no annoying fake Rolex or herbal viagra ads...it does not...and cannot link visitors to the NYT...because of the cost.
But...if interested...you may find the stories by entering the writer's name in GOOGLE NEWS SEARCH...and using your free visits to view the reports:
RUSSIA...by David Herszenhorn...about Prez. Vlad Putin's private life...his wife and 2 daughters. Some new info about Maria, 27...and her Dutch boyfriend...and Yekaterina, 25, an Asian specialist with a South Korean companion.
BRASIL...by Simon Romero...on the many labor troubles at new dams under construction in the Amazon...as workers strike over low wages and living conditions.
Currently available at :
HONDURAS...A front page report by Thom Shanker.
New information about the USA army sharing 3 joint operating forward bases deep in the jungle...staffed with 600 men...to combat narco smugglers...that employ tactics learned by the USA in Iraq.