- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
06 May 2012
RUSSIA / HONDURAS / BRASIL : 3 Foreign Features In The NYTimes.
Sunday must be the day when the NYTimes catches up on foreign features.
It carried 3 such articles today...about Brasil, Russia and Honduras.
The NYTimes revised paywall limits this news blog to 10 FREE visits per month....though it gives FACEBOOK users unlimited links.
Since this is currently an ad free...unmonetized newsblog...which allows fast loading...an uncluttered read...and no annoying fake Rolex or herbal viagra ads...it does not...and cannot link visitors to the NYT...because of the cost.
But...if interested...you may find the stories by entering the writer's name in GOOGLE NEWS SEARCH...and using your free visits to view the reports:
RUSSIA...by David Herszenhorn...about Prez. Vlad Putin's private life...his wife and 2 daughters. Some new info about Maria, 27...and her Dutch boyfriend...and Yekaterina, 25, an Asian specialist with a South Korean companion.
BRASIL...by Simon Romero...on the many labor troubles at new dams under construction in the Amazon...as workers strike over low wages and living conditions.
Currently available at :
HONDURAS...A front page report by Thom Shanker.
New information about the USA army sharing 3 joint operating forward bases deep in the jungle...staffed with 600 men...to combat narco smugglers...that employ tactics learned by the USA in Iraq.