- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- CHINA: Off Topic But Interesting: Ai WeiWei...Rebel Artist...With A Cause.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
02 January 2012
Today MFM departs from its recent Rio rut...to feature Cuban salsa...but from Miami...with Issac Delgado and La India in performance singing...'Que No Se Te Olvide".
On my many visits to Cuba...Issac Delgado's music kept me company.
I even slept with the radio playing.
La Cubana didn't object...as long as the sound was low.
FYI...Cuba's infamous state propaganda outlet...Radio Rebelde...actually plays a good selection of tunes...late at night....and in the madrugada.
While La Cubana never much liked salsero Issac...preferring that awful Reggaeton...his music is the soundtrack of my time in Cuba.
In 2006...Delgado defected...leaving stardom and shocking Cuba...for relative obscurity ...but freedom in the USA.
Of course, Issac is still that same smooth/suavecito singer...in Miami...plus...he has a new album...created without fear of censorship.